11 Easy Image Transfer Methods for DIY Projects
Below you will find links to 11 different ways to transfer images and typography onto pretty much any type of material.
1) How to Transfer Typography onto Furniture : This is a two part Tutorial showing how to blow up your image really big, using a free program, and an easy cheap transfer method, so that you can paint your image on large or small pieces of Furniture, Walls or Signs. Great for painted wood pieces or natural wood.
2) The Citra Solv Method : This method uses a cleaning product called Citra Solv. This one works well with Fabric projects, like Towels, Pillows, Chair Seats and Lampshades. This method will give you a slightly faded, slightly imperfect, transfer for an old world look.
3) The Wax Paper Method: I have yet to try this method, but it looks amazing! The only supplies you need are your Printer and some Wax Paper. I’ve seen this one used on Painted and Natural Wood and Painted Metal.
4) The Freezer Paper Method: This one is similar to the one above, only you use Freezer Paper instead of Wax Paper.
5) The Iron On Method: This Tutorial shows you how to do an Iron on Transfer, using Transfer Paper. Great for any Fabric Projects.
6) Printing on Fabric: Gail at My Repurposed Life, shows you how to cut out the middle man, and print directly onto fabric, with your home printer! For those of you that sew (or don’t mind gluing your projects) this is a really fun method!
7) The Mod Podge Method: Good old Mod Podge, is there anything this stuff can’t do?!! This excellent Tutorial explains how to use this technique to Transfer onto Wood. I’ve also seen this used on Fabric, Canvas, Terra Cotta and even shiny Ceramic pieces. This is a really popular method and super versatile since you can use it on so many materials!
8) The Projector Method: Marian from Miss Mustard Seed shares her Sign Making secrets, using an Overhead Projector to transfer images onto wood! This method can be used for Painted or Natural Wood.
9) Using Water Slide Decals: Learn how to use Water Slide Decals to transfer images onto Glass, Soap, Candles and Paper, with this fun technique. Carol from The Polka Dot Closet will walk you through all the steps!
11) The Omni Gel Method: This Tutorial will explain how to use a liquid substance called Omni Gel, to transfer images onto Tumbled Marble Tiles for Coasters. I’ve also used this on Painted Wood.